Search This Blog

Sunday 26 September 2010

Jerusalem Artichokes


I was completely uninspired as to what to make for dinner all day today, until a dear friend dropped by with some Jerusalem Artichokes from her garden.

An internet search for recipes did not yield anything interesting so I decided to take matters into my own hands and make up a recipe.

I took out some lamb from the freezer, rolled it in a mix of flour, paprika, salt and pepper, and browned it with some onions.


I added the Jerusalem Artichokes and baked the stew for 30 minutes. I also baked few biscuits, opened a package of Sauerkraut and dinner was served.




These packages of Sauerkraut come directly from Germany and taste very fresh. Add some water and butter and heat up for 20 minutes and they are ready to eat. Best place to buy them:


European Specialty Importers
220 Prior Street (east of Main by the Georgia Viaduct)
 

No comments: