Search This Blog

Friday 28 January 2011

Chai'ing My Weekend Away


What is a better way to boost a weekend kick off than with a double chai afternoon at Shaktea.

As I learned from the experts at Shaktea, chai is simply the Indian word for tea. It is typically tea drunk with milk and (for many) lots of sugar.



To have less spiciness and more sweetness, I opted for the organic coconut cream chai - a blend of black tea, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, clove, vanilla and shredded coconut. Not only was it heavenly but I understand it is one of the most popular with chai lovers. 

And as if one pot of chai was not enough, it had to be accompanied by their exclusive Shaktea chai chocolate pudding. An invention of their talented bakeress, Jackie, this is a decadent blend of Shaktea chai and Belgian dark chocolate.

I cannot think of a better way to kick off a weekend. Thank you Shaktea!
Shaktea on Urbanspoon
Shaktea
3702 Main Street
Vancouver BC

No comments: