Search This Blog

Thursday 13 January 2011

Fancy Midwest Dinner in St. Louis

This is by far my luckiest eating on the road week. After yesterday's Sun in San Fran lunch, my body had a system shock with St. Louis' -10 degrees temperatures. There was no way to venture out of the hotel in my Vancouver style attire, so room service was the only option.  I chose the meal based on the fancy dish names; who knew they would also look and taste so fancy...

Charlotte's House Salad

Baby field greens, granny smith apples, fresh raspberries (they tasted fresh), crumbled blue cheese, roasted walnuts and a freshly made raspberry vinaigrette.

Chicken Fricassee

Sauteed chicken breasts pieces with mushrooms, asparagus, pearl onions, spatzle and sage cream gravy. What a great combo, I should try replicating one day.

 

No comments: