Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 February 2011

"How Did You Cook That?", You Asked...

I had few questions today about my dinner yesterday (see last part of yesterday's entry), specifically the yummy looking stew I poured over the mashed potatoes that were inside the popovers. So I thought I will share the recipe below.


This is a very easy recipe that I learned from a special wonderful one. It is quick to make and goes well over mashed potatoes. Perfect for a weekday dinner after a busy day.
  • Use a large frying pan or wok.
  • Fry some leak or onions in vegetable oil.
  • Add chunks of chicken breast and fry until lightly brown, season with salt/pepper.
  • Add the different vegetables you have on hand - carrots, mushrooms, zucchini, peppers, broccoli, celery - you got the picture. Fry until somewhat tender.
  • Add a can of cream of chicken soup and half of the same can worth of water, milk or a mix of both.
  • Bring to a boil until sauce thickens.
  • Sprinkle with fresh dill and serve.

No comments: