Search This Blog

Sunday 22 May 2011

Chicken Fricassee Craze Volume 1

I first heard of, and tried, Chicken Fricassee on January 13 of this year (see Fancy Midwest Dinner). I have been craving making it since then.

Internet search yielded endless versions with nothing trustworthy. So I posted a call for help on Facebook and ended with two great recipes. I tried the first one tonight.

The recipe seemed to be fun to make. 

You could not go wrong with the sophisticated combination of flavours in which the chicken cooks - fresh marjoram and thyme (from le jardin), nutmeg, an onion with cloves stuck to it, a lemon, all in a red wine based broth.
And the whole process of making the meal was exciting. Add cream and flour to broth, whisk eggs in cream, inject some pureed tomatoes. I had a good time in the kitchen with this.

In St. Louis it was served with spatzle, which I had some dried ones handy. So at somerville kitchen, it was served over spatzle, along with corn and corn bread.


No comments: