Search This Blog

Saturday 14 May 2011

Saturday Shopping

9:24 am Checked Out @ London Drugs #53 (Victoria & 41st)
I love London Drugs. Pleasant roaming early morning while listening to oldies music from their speakers.

Where else can you buy father's day card, groceries, medication, little cute kitchen accessories, develop your pictures and check out the MacBook Air that I am lusting after these days all under one roof?


9:42 am Checked Out @ Breka Bakery & Cafe (6533 Fraser Street)
A hidden secret on Fraser Street. Open and busy 24 hours a day, with breads, cookies, baked sweets, cakes, pizzas, and the list goes on.

While I always buy their sweets, I have never tried their breads. So today I picked up a caraway light rye bread. Can't wait to try it.



9:50 am Checked Out @ Fraser Delicatessen (6579 Fraser Street)
Owned by the sweetest young German woman and her mother, this place is a combination of a German grocery store and deli.

Today's discoveries included the Schlaff und Nerven Tee, German mustard, ginger cookies and a selection of meats and cheeses. And the sweet owner gave me a dark chocolate bar as a thank you for shopping.

10:23 am Checked Out @ La Petite France (2655 Arbutus Street)
Running an errand across the street, I could not resist the charm of this place. The smell of baking and the french chatter from the kitchen add to the charm.

Hungry for a snack, I tried the salmon brioche. I should have accepted the offer to warm it up - that swiss cheese they used in it would have melted amazingly. Next time.

10:52 am Checked Out @ Choices (2627 West 16th Avenue)
Choices was never my first choice of supermarket, but I don't hate it as I do Safeway or IGA.

It was close by. Pricey, but organic and Canadian owned, why not see what they have. The find: dandelions.



11:01 am Checked Out @ Sweet Obsession (2611 West 16th Avenue)
Right next door to Choices, how can one resist.

While I find them expensive and will take an Anita Cake over them any time, they do come in handy when stuck for an unexpected need for a nicely and freshly made cake.

And one can always have a treat for the road...


11:30 am Checked Out @ Shaktea (3702 Main Street)
No Saturday shopping outing is complete without Shaktea.

I blogged about Shaktea lots (see label on the side) but I have never talked about their loose teas. Simply an amazing variety and best quality. Detailed instructions on water temperature, steeping time, amount of tea to use result in a beautiful cup of tea in your own jardin.


12:19 pm Checked Out @ Buy-Low Foods (6095 Fraser Street)
And you thought I will forget my favourite Buy-Low.

The best meats outside specialty butchers are at this Buy-Low location - they must have a really good butcher.

Small corner store feel (yet packed with stuff), helpful service to the car, free parking, I just love shopping at this Buy-Low.

No comments: