Search This Blog

Sunday 15 May 2011

Weekend Lunch Pakistani Style


A favourite lunch hangout when shopping on Fraser Street. While the menu items may seem like ones you find in any Indian restaurant, the taste, spices and how things are prepared definitely have a uniqueness to them that, I am guessing, is how Pakistanis cook those dishes.

What I typically have at Al Watan is their Biryani. The menu has several Biryani options listed, but they typically cook one kind a day. However, whether it is chicken or lamb (I am yet to try the fish), it is always fresh, spicy, and colourful.

And I just love seeing all the cardamon and strands of saffron throughout the platter. Yum.

But what I most enjoy at Al Watan is their mango lassi. It is like you are drinking a milkshake - by far the best in town.

Join me there for lunch next weekend, it is well worth the trip up Fraser Street.

Al Watan
6084 Fraser Street
Vancouver, BC
604-324-6378
Al-Watan Tandoori on Urbanspoon

No comments: