Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 November 2011

An easy vegetarian recipe from Cuisine of California by Diane Rossen Worthington.

First Layer, The Roots:

Chunks of squash, potatoes and carrots. I believe you can use any roots that you like. 

For flavour and colour, next time I make this, I may add some beets.

Second Layer, The Flavours:

In a separate pan, fry some chopped fennel in vegetable oil and add to the roots.

A sprinkle of pepper or any other spices, maybe even herbs, will sure enhance the flavour.

Third Layer, Decadence:

A layer of shredded cheese. I think any kind of cheese that melts well will work.

Here I used shredded mozzarella and cheddar, but swiss may be perfect too.


Finally, the Baking:

On a medium-heated oven, for 40 minutes or so and there you have it.

Great on its own as a simple vegetarian dish or perfect for accompaniment of a meat dish.


Enjoy!

No comments: