Search This Blog

Thursday 8 March 2012

What's In My Bread Box 3 Months Later?

Three months earlier, my bread box was full of stuff (other than bread) for human, cats and birds (read all about it at What's in My Bread Basket). 


Some things never change at somerville kitchen. Bread box is still packed for what human, cats and birds need and want.

At least this time there is human bread - all the healthy (and mostly the German) kind.

Whole wheat pita, der Marken-zwieback und das Sonnen-Blume Brot.


But the rest of the bounty is snacks for all.

First, one of my shopping goods from Rumour Handcraft store in Regina Airport.

This is a delicious locally made Bison Pemmican with smoked bison and Saskatoon berries. This is tasty tasty tasty that is worth a trip to Regina to get some more.

A break from humans to show some of the cats snacks - and there is always at least three packages of cats' snacks waiting to be served to cats (based on cats mood for the day).


And human is jealous of cats so human has Katjes Lakritz - those tiny looking cat shaped licorice with the not-so-sweet German licorice taste. 

I limit myself to few a day, similar to cats treats' limit.


Nairn's oat cookies seem to always be in my bread box those days (available at London Drugs).

Also always in the box are Kashi bars and, for when a fire is going, marshmallows.


Birds like as much variety in their food as everyone. So there are always pieces of bread  in the bread box waiting to be fed to the jardin birds. Those little guys wait for me every morning for a surprise feed of the day.



Did I say I love my bread box? I got it on points off my credit union's Desjardin Visa Card - who needs travel points when one can have a bread box.


No comments: