Search This Blog

Thursday 12 April 2012

Lumberjack Meals Return

First there was Lumberjack Meal. Then The Sequel. Tonight, Lumberjack wood and food returned to somerville kitchen; and what an amazing load of wood.


(If interested in wood from the best supplier in the city, let me know and I will forward your contact info - somervillekitchenwindow@gmail.com ). 

And wood always comes with fresh eggs - tonight's eggs were less than 24 hours old.


So breakfast at 8:30 pm was definitely in order. More exciting was a new pancakes recipe to try (which turned out excellent).

1.75 cups flour
3 Tbsp sugar
4 tsp baking powder
0.75 tsp salt (I skipped this)
1.75 cups milk
2 eggs (fresh is the best)
3 Tbsp vegetable oil

I ran out of vegetable oil last night so I replaced this with 3 Tbsp butter which I believe contributed to the fluffiness of those delicious pancakes.

As the pancakes were grilling (look at that beautiful pile), many eggs for breakfast eaters were fried (I love double yolks eggs) and lots of cholesterol enhancing meats started cooking.



The gifts for the day did not stop here. 

A dearest person had an extra lovage plant (more on this plant on wikipedia - lovage) in her garden that needed to be disposed of and made it to le jardin.

Back in the depth of winter, I received a beautiful gift of dried lovage (read all about it here). I fell in love with this herb (if that is what you call it) but the plant is not easy to find. 

So you can just imagine how thrilled I was to receive this. Spring is here, and it went into the ground on the spot.



And we all enjoyed a nice lumberjack meal for the third time, including cats.


Thank you again and again B, looking forward to the next lumberjack visit and meal.

No comments: