Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Family Dinner with Guest Correspondent Xuan

Note - Blogger is still busy looking for a Date for International Picnic on Sunday (click HERE to win a free ticket to Joy of Feeding). Thus tonight's article is courtesy of a Guest Correspondent; Thank you Xuan.

Last weekend, my parents and I went to Toronto and had an amazing dinner. We went to 93 Harbord, a Middle-Eastern restaurant in the Annex. My mom started off with a delicious smelling litchi martini which she wouldn't share. The first thing we got was grilled pita bread with olive tapenade.


For appetizers, we had seared shrimp with cumin caramelized apple rings and dill, along with sour grape coulis. The apples were buttery and melted in your mouth while the shrimps were succulent. 


Our second appetizer was grilled calamari with Turkish fig salsa. The calamari was sooo tender and the salsa on it was tangy and sweet with the strong fig flavour.


For mains....

Mom had lamb and shiraz fig tagine with steamed couscous and ginger red wine coulis. The lamb was really tender and the figs were delicious.


Dad had vine wrapped grilled salmon with saffron-infused basmati pillou and tahini lemon dressing. Being the salmon lover my dad is, he loved it.


I had the special which was a rack of lamb with sour cherry sauce and roasted potatoes. The cherries were sour and went really well with the spiced lamb. The potatoes were fantastic too. 


Finally, we had three amazing desserts. 

We had a créme caramel with pistachios and strawberries;


pistachio yogurt stuffed apricots with strawberries;


and a chocolate caramel torte with walnuts and strawberries - they were all fantastic but my favourite was the torte.


Everything was great at 93 Harbord and I'd happy to go back if we have a chance.

93 Harbord
93 Harbord Street
Toronto, Ontario

93 Harbord on Urbanspoon

Thank you guest correspondent Xuan, write again.
 

3 comments:

Minh said...

Great review Xuan. This definitely made me want to try the restaurant the next time I'm in Toronto.

Minh said...

Great review Xuan. It definitely made me want to try it out next time I visit Toronto. I love a good tagine!

Steve said...

Thanks for such an informative review. We will be dining there next week and I certainly will try some of the calamari!