Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Exploring Foods in Toronto

I am honoured to be invited to the TO Food Fest in Toronto on July 29th with an opportunity to go behind the scenes and meet the vendors. I am also very sad that I have to be in Edmonton on July 27 and in Vancouver on July 30 making the trip east impossible. So I am living this dream trip by writing about the festival and the foods to explore.


The festival features over 20 specialized tastes from Toronto's international food community. You will taste the food and learn about those extremely interesting vendors. Any Toronto reader tempted to go, I would love you to take pictures and be my guest correspondent to write an article on the event - just think of all the bragging rights!


It is too bad that I will miss the tasting from Patisserie Royale - a fine middle-eastern pastry shop. Just look at this platter of Knefeh, my favourite breakfast ever! 

Or a gift for loved ones of those
Mary Macleod's handmade all butter shortbread cookies.

A dozen flavours, shapes and tastes all waiting for you.



 Marathon Donust & Coffee Shop will also be there.

The owner is famous for making the internationally acclaimed Hong Kong Kam Cha (milk tea). I bet that will be part of the features from Marathon in the fest.

If that is not unique enough, how about funnel cake from Big Moe's Burger? I have to admit, I have no idea what funnel cake is, but it looks divine.

Burgers are all over the festival - those are Taiwanese burgers from Baoss

There are also burgers from Shamrock Burgers, so I am sure you won't go hungry.



Oysters, Filipino, Indian, the list goes on, so be adventurous and give it a try (and please take pictures for me).

TO Food Fest
Sunday July 29, 2012
1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Chinese Cultural Centre of Greater Toronto
5183 Sheppard Avenue East
Scarborough, Ontario 

More info at:


 

No comments: