Search This Blog

Thursday 19 July 2012

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Many of you who took their time reading the title of this article will realize what it is. Some may have used the word once or twice.

Mary Poppins was the first movie I watched in a theatre. Like many my age, I could not resist going to see the live version of it this week. Unlike many my age, I did not have grandchildren to drag with me to the play. 

Leafing through lengthy lexicons to find the perfect word to describe it, I'll settle for it's not the movie. Rachel Wallace playing Mary Poppins was hypnoscious. But with adding at least six new songs and a whole Mrs. Banks role that was not part of the original, the over three hours is something quite atrosicous for those poor six years olds.


Finding a place for dinner after 10 pm in Vancouver is like the Roman Empire entering the abyss. Thank God for Gain Wah opening till 11:45 not to sleep on an empty stomach and seem so ferocious. 


But when I went to use the restaurant's washroom, the cat got my tongue when I saw a bottle of hair conditioner as a soap dispenser.


But that's when you summon up this word and then you've got a lot to say - supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.



Um-diddle-diddle-um-diddleye
Um-diddle-diddle-um-diddleye
Um-diddle-diddle-um-diddleye
Um-diddle-diddle-um-diddleye
  

No comments: