Search This Blog

Thursday 27 December 2012

Boxing Week Wacky Thursday

My Boxing Week Wacky Thursday began by catching up on my advent calendar.

This year's calendar is a German Smarties one. But its fate was the same as every one of those calendars throughout the years.

First, by Boxing Day, I have barely opened few windows. 

Second, I feel guilty about opening them all together and gaining half a kilo in one sitting.

Third, I simply cannot get myself to open them at random, they have to be eaten in chronological date order. This adds time to the process to locate the right date.

After a breakfast of Smarties, I decided to check out boxing week sales.  

My first stop was Front & Company, the only store I wish they have frequent user card given how much I usually spend there.

The 60% off Christmas clearance was very tempting. However, I quickly realized that this applies to only Christmas ornaments and cards; items I have enough off.

Oh those journals and note books were begging me to take them home, but with no sale sign on them, I walked out empty handed.

London Drugs, another favourite stop (and no frequent user card either), had amazing sales (and are still going on).

Again the best deals are on Christmas ornaments. Just check out those 88 cents mugs. If I were smart, I would have picked up a dozen and used as Christmas gift wrappers next year. But I didn't.

A lot was bought at London Drugs, but the best deal of the day was firewood for $2.99 a pack at Rona.  

Not my favourite place to shop, but for such a deal, I went in.

Poor Joey, had to log a lot of logs home including some in the front leather seat.


But the best deal was leftovers from yesterday's Holidays Chinese Hot Pot

The pot with the broth as is overnight, containers out of the fridge and a fancy dinner was instantaneously ready.


And let's not forget wacky catses to end the Boxing Week Wacky Thursday with.


No comments: