Search This Blog

Saturday 2 February 2013

Salam Bombay

Salam Bombay has all the promises of a nice place for a weekend lunch.

- Charming name
- Elegant logo
- Window seats with a view
- Beautiful naan aroma
- $15.00 lunch buffet

But their mango lassi is watery, powdery and in the bottom 10 lassi's I tasted. And my dear readers, you know how much I like my mango lassis.

The buffet spread was over 6 meters long with all the regular delicacies of Indian Cuisine. But alas, the taste did not live up to expectations on most of the spread.


The tandoori chicken was the worse - too lemony (and I love lemon) and not as crunchy or spicy as one expects.

On the other hand, the Saag Paneer (spinach and cheese) was well made.





The lamb kofta was also excellent and I found myself going back to more and more.

And, for a change, the buffet dessert -  Gulab Jamun - was really good (so good that I missed taking a picture of them).




Salam Bombay
755 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC

Salam Bombay on Urbanspoon

No comments: