Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 February 2013

The Best Mango Pudding Ever (Well, Almost)

My dim sum buddies know I cannot leave the table without mango pudding.

My Indian buddies (and probably most of my readers) know how much I love mango lassi.

So when my dear lovely neighbour introduced me to the concept of making my own mango pudding, I was immediately on Fraser street looking for Pakistani made mango custards packages (and I did find).

Little did I know though that one only needs 2 Tbs of the powder for one pie - guess I will be making those weekly to use my package before expiry date.


It is a simple process. Follow the instructions on the package to make the pudding.

But be warned, the powder turns into easter egg orange colour when wet; don't be afraid, it lightens up when you finish cooking it.

But the best trick I learnt from my dear lovely neighbour is to add some fresh mangoes to the pudding.

Prepare a pie shell, make the pudding, add mangoes to pie shell, top with pudding, cool and serve.


Try the pudding package recipe with brown sugar for a richer, darker effect. Makes for a complete breakfast!

No comments: