Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 April 2013

A Restaurant & A Café

I discovered a restaurant and a café. Today is the story of the restaurant.

When my lunch guest suggested Edible Canada, I had no clue what she was talking about.

When I discovered it, I realized I am in for an experience, not a restaurant.

By far the best food option on Granville Island, Edible Canada serves locally made food under the guise of new Canadian Cuisine.

So what does that mean?

It means inventive, fresh, and tasty.

I ordered the fish and chips. Probably one of the nicest fish and chips I had. 

While the fish was light, the chips were fried in duck fat. The taste is excellent, but tried to restrain from eating the full basket knowing the fat content I was consuming.

The accompaniments were inventive - a mixed cabbage coleslaw that is light and tasty; lime; creamed wasabi peas and their own home made ketchup that tasted less sweet than what you buy in a bottle and definitely natural.


And as if that was not enough fun, on your way out you can check out the store - goodies and more goodies.


I am coming back with a stash of cash and an empty stomach. See you again soon.



 Edible Canada
1596 Johnston St.
Vancouver, BC
www.ediblecanada.com


Edible Canada at the Market on Urbanspoon

 

No comments: