Search This Blog

Saturday 4 May 2013

THE Brunch Spot in Town

I tried Lily Mae's when it first opened last fall (Read New Kid On The Block) so I was glad to find an excuse to drag a friend over there for brunch today.

Busy on a weekend morning made me realize that Lily Mae's is turning to be THE brunch spot in town.

The ambiance as charming as the first visit. The brunch menu is limited but varied in content. The cardamom and orange french toast sounds divine.

But the daily special, a Salmon Benedict, won my business. And it was really really good.

Smoked salmon, tomatoes and eggs. Light on the sauce. Healthy tasty salad and amazing potatoes made for a lovely brunch to match the charming ambiance.

But the real surprise was the hot chocolate. I have been on a journey trying different hot chocolates in the city. Among my favourites are Mink and Chocolate Arts.

Lily Mae's has risen to be my favourite hot chocolate in town now - made with chunks of Callebaut chocolates to which the hot milk is added, melting all into an exquisite hot chocolate experience.


Thank you Lily Mae's for a lovely brunch. Will be back soon.


Lily Mae's Comfort Café
12 Powell Street
Vancouver, BC

Lily Mae's Comfort Café on Urbanspoon 


No comments: