Search This Blog

Monday 8 July 2013

My Dear Lovely Neighbour's Jardin

The week begins with my dear lovely neighbour and her lovely jardin.

In addition to trees, flower and zen areas, my dear lovely neighbour's jardin has lots of vegetables.





Tonight it was the cilanto crop turned into an amazing, inventive cilantro egg masala, spiced perfectly with turmeric, coconut and chilli and presented beautifully.


Of course, my dear lovely neighbour cannot serve one dish. Tonight's table was contributed to by my dear lovely neighbour's daughter's cauliflower....


and rice lentils dishes.



But tonight's hit was dessert. This is Payasam, a typical south Indian dessert. It comes in a powder mix with vermicelli and sago, spiced with cinnamon and cardamom, and cooked in coconut milk. Yellow and creamy and delicious.



Thank you again my dear lovely neighbour. I cannot wait to see what you will be doing with your jardin's pride blueberries.


No comments: