Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 July 2013

The Story of A Grape Vine - Part B

Yesterday you read about the story of the grape vine leaves.

But there remains the dilemma of what to do with the grapes.

You leave them on the vine to rip and the racoons will get them before me no matter what I do.

I remembered what a wise Iranian man once told me - pickle them young and sour like you pickle anything else.

And the experiment begun.

All the grapes from the grape vine chop chop, still not riped, were ready for pickling.

I followed mom's recipe for pickling cucumbers. 

I filled up the jars with sour grapes, covered them with salted water.

Three days later, I took out a third of the water and replaced with white vinegar.

Voila!

How do they taste?

I don't know yet, I have not tried them, but I promise you readers two things:


1. I will let you know how they turn out once I try them.

2. I have many of those small jars of pickled sour grape to barter - just ask.

No comments: