Search This Blog

Thursday 24 April 2014

My Wacky Kitchen Toys

For someone who does not have many toys (somerville kitchen is a microwave free zone), I surprised myself with using four different toys in one day.

The morning started with my coffee grinder. 

But how else can one enjoy a beautiful cup of Kicking Horse Coffee with condensed milk in my favourite cup.

(the only way to have coffee as far as I am concerned).


The next toy was a CrockPot.

My first attempt was not the best (Read Easter Toy). 

But making scouse in a slow cooker for 8 hours is THE way to use a CrockPot.


I have had this bread maker for half a dozen years by now.

When I first got it, I was using it at least weekly and accumulated close to five bread machine cookbooks.

Lately, it was more out of site out of mind. But with all those toys surfacing today, it was a perfect reminder of the bread maker.

Swedish bread was the day's recipe with rye and whole wheat flour, honey and orange rind.

Perfect accompaniment to the scouse. 


The latest toy was initiated today for dessert.

Swirlo! A compact cute machine where you put frozen fruit from one side and it turns them, in seconds, into a delicious ice-cream.

Add anything you want along the way (already attempted mixing fruit with condensed milk and with rice pudding - I cannot wait for more experimentation).

I think this is going to be my favourite toy this summer.


 

No comments: