Search This Blog

Monday 1 September 2014

The Rich Malay

Kaya Malay Bistro took me by surprise.

Not only have I not heard of it before, I did not expect it to taste so home made.

Feels like family owned, very welcoming set up and servers and the food is pretty good.

The Roti comes in regular or whole wheat. The menu claims it is hand rolled and it does taste fresher with richer texture than many other Rotis I tried before.

It comes with a curry sauce for dipping - a perfect first impression.


Too many options to choose from so I went with the chicken skewers - beautifully presented.

Next visit I am going for the 8 course tasting menu for two at $30/person.


And the best surprise was an on-the-house dessert, the Kulh Daddar - I guess they noticed I was taking lots of pictures (I tell you this is a good place).


Kaya Malay Bistro
1063 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC

Kaya Malay Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments: