Search This Blog

Monday 8 December 2014

The Original

I may have found the replacement to a good Indian restaurant after my favourite Tandoori King burnt down a couple of years ago.

I have driven by the Original Tandoori Kitchen more than enough and took a mental note to try it.

Well, tonight I did. And I was impressed.

Welcoming, clean, friendly, and a selection of fascinating Indian art.

Of course, the litmus test is a mango lassi.

This passed with flying colours - it had a fresh taste with a bit of tartness that you typically don't find in the powder lassi other Indian restaurants serve.

As a test, I ordered my favourite Indian dishes - lamb biryani, butter chicken, malai kofta.

Freshness is what kept coming to mind. Every dish tasted like it was just pulled off the stove. And the deceivingly small plates were packed with generous portions of meat in each platter.


Yes, I will be coming back (or, I as learned while there, order for delivery).


Original Tandoori Kitchen
7251 Main Street
Vancouver, BC
604-327-8900

 

No comments: