Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 August 2015

Raga

I ask a friend who is of an Indian origin; "where can I find a really good Indian restaurant?".

"Raga", she says. 

She goes on to tell me that her parents would only go there when they go out for Indian and sometimes cater for big events from Raga.

Off to Raga I go. 

It is definitely a high class restaurant with old fashioned respectful service that I have not experienced in Vancouver in a long time.


Of course I had to try the mango lassi. It was a really good one made with natural ingredients.

In fact, Raga uses a lot of mangoes and other fruit, sprinkled over the savoury dishes.

The onion bhaji was definitely exceptional.

The rest of the dishes were very good too. You can taste the sophistication of spicing and slow cooking in everything I tried.

But if you want to experience all this quality food and service, there is a price to pay. Raga is not cheap.






 Raga
1177 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC

Click to add a blog post for Raga Restaurant on Zomato

 

No comments: